Community Agency Funding
The purpose of this program is to support charitable groups and organizations to directly benefit the health and well being of Cañon City residents and neighborhoods. Available funds will be considered based on following categories:
- Community Service-providing services to the community regarding various topics to include basic needs, health, and welfare, etc.
- Youth Education-providing youth programs, youth focused prevention programs, and supplemental education for youth programs, etc.
- Quality of Life-providing community improvement activities to include arts, and culture, etc.
The City has established its requirements and expectations to ensure that the programs and projects make an effective, measurable and positive impact in our community. In the interest of fiscal accountability and program effectiveness, the award process includes the following requirements:
- Application worksheet
- Financial reports (revenue and expense)
- Activity descriptions
- Goals and objectives
- Evaluation plan
- Plan for sustainability
- Documented reports for reimbursement
- You must have a 501c3
- Taxes and fees
- Utility payments
- Rent/Mortgage payments
- Building repair
- Building maintenance
- Applications and documentation must be submitted to the City Administrator’s office no later than 5:00 PM on September 6, 2019.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Community Agency Funding Committee for eligibility.
- You will be notified of your time to make an oral presentation before the Community Agency Funding Committe. Date to be determined.
- Committee submits proposed recommendations to full city council for approval in November 2019.
- An award letter will be sent to each successful recipient with a schedule for your allocation of funds and quarterly reports for the year 2020.
- PLEASE NOTE: Applications and financial forms received after the deadline will not be considered.
Allocation of Funds
The City anticipates an estimated budget of $50,000 for the 2020 agency awards. This may be adjusted depending on economic conditions through the end of the year and the number of submitted applications.
The City will require programmatic and financial status reports on how your agency used their allotted funds BEFORE reimbursements will be awarded. Reports should include:
- Dates and times
- Agendas, minutes, newspaper articles, etc.
- Sign ins
- Descriptions and documented Cañon City numbers served
PLEASE NOTE: Failure to complete and turn in required reports within the twelve month period can terminate future possibilities for funding. Requests for additional funding after initial allocation will not be considered.
Program Overview Letter