Police & Public Safety
About the Police Department
Thank you for visiting the Cañon City Police Department (CCPD) webpage. CCPD is a modern, professional, law enforcement agency. The department embraces a community policing philosophy that focuses on customer service and professionalism with a mission to, in partnership with our community, promote the quality of life by providing police services with integrity and with a spirit of excellence, by solving crimes, preventing crime, and protecting the rights of citizens.
We will be innovative leaders who are committed to our community and each other.
Solve crime problems in our community to make a positive difference in the lives of those we serve.
- Courage – I will boldly face adversity and confront any who break the law despite personal danger or ridicule.
- Professionalism – I will learn, develop, and practice my expertise in all aspects of progressive policing methods.
- Respect – I will always show empathy and fairness toward those I serve, regardless of their differences or station in life.
- Integrity – My character in my professional and personal life will portray the highest sense of honesty and virtue in both my words and actions.
- Diligence – I will not idly fulfill my obligations but will fervently strive to complete my duties, investigate crime and enforce the law.
- Excellence – I will constantly improve my work and welcome constructive criticism.
Appointments are encouraged for all of the services below.
To schedule an appointment, call 719.276.5600 and select option 1.
Customer must have serial number, model number, color, make, and model.
Customer will need to bring a current rabies certificate, with rabies tag number at time of appointment or reschedule.
Property releases will be by appointment only on Thursdays – No Exceptions
Customers can call to verify records are available, and then schedule an appointment to come in, complete the records request form, and pay for records.
Sex Offender Registration
Must pick up of forms in advance.
A permit issued by the City is required to operate a UTV inside city limits. Permits can be picked up at the Police Department by appointment only and are only valid for one calendar year from the date of issuance. Each UTV must have a permit. City-issued permit stickers must be displayed in both the front and rear of the UTV at all times. Operators must follow UTV regulations outlined in Ordinance 4, Series 2022.
Customers will need to bring in required payment and paperwork and then be asked to wait outside or in vehicle.