On May 15th, 2017, City Council adopted the Centennial Park Master Plan. The plan anticipates five-phases of improvements over the next several years to achieve Centennial Park’s true potential.
Key highlights of the plan include:
- Enhanced playground, restrooms pavilion, and splash pad
- Enhances futures connectivity from the park and river to Main Street businesses
- Functional river access, integrated with WKRP scheduled improvements including a riverside outdoor classroom, an in-river children’s play area, and river level paths
- Incorporates space for a regulation soccer field, sand volleyball court, event lawn, and outdoor yoga
- Maintains existing softball, tennis and basketball facilities
- Maintains or increases existing parking spaces