What type of signage is allowed on my residential property?

If you are operating an in-home business (home occupation), you can have one sign up to 2 square feet in size and a sign permit is not required. Real estate signs, political campaign signs and signs advertising a property for sale or rent generally do not require sign permits, but do have size requirements. Please refer to Chapter 17.07 of the Zoning Regulations for more information about signs or contact the Code Enforcement Officer at 719.269.9011 for help with sign permitting.

Show All Answers

1. Who do I call for code enforcement issues?
2. What happens when code violations are found?
3. What types of code violations are enforced within Cañon City?
4. What regulations pertain to my property?
5. Does the city have information pertaining to my property?
6. What if I have a disagreement with my neighbor about where our mutual property line is?
7. Can I keep horses on my property?
8. Can I keep poultry on my property?
9. How many dogs may I have on my property?
10. Can I store an RV on my property?
11. Can I park a truck-tractor or semi-trailer on or in front of my residential property?
12. Can I have an in-home business?
13. Am I allowed to have a yard sale from my residential property?
14. What type of signage is allowed on my residential property?
15. What type of signage is allowed on commercial property?
16. Can I get a trash exemption for the current trash ordinance?