Can you tell me where my property lines are located or can the city survey my property?

It is the property owners’ responsibility to determine where their property lines are; the city does not provide survey services to residents. However, if you have a mortgage on your property, it is possible that you have an improvement location certificate (ILC) among your closing papers. The ILC, while not a pinned survey, is a “birdseye” view of your property and shows existing structures and approximate distances from property lines. The Fremont County Assessor’s office maintains a Geographic Information System (GIS) database that shows the approximate location of property lines also. Remember that only a land survey conducted by a registered land surveyor in the State of Colorado can be fully relied upon to provide the accurate locations of your property lines, buildings and fences.

Show All Answers

1. What is zoning and how does it impact me and my property?
2. How can I find out my zoning?
3. Are there other regulating documents that impact my property?
4. Can you tell me where my property lines are located or can the city survey my property?
5. Does the City have a list of local surveyors I can contact for my project?
6. If my property is zoned R2, Medium Density Residential does it mean that I can have a duplex?
7. What if I want to vary my zoning standards?
8. How do I know if my project will be approvable or supported by staff?
9. What is a pre-application meeting?
10. What kinds of information do I have to bring to a pre-application meeting?
11. What is a site plan?
12. When do I have to do a site plan?
13. What is a special review use?
14. What is a conditional use?
15. What is a zone change?
16. What public noticing is given for upcoming public hearings?
17. As an interested citizen, how do I convey my opinions about a proposed special review use or zone change proposal in my neighborhood?
18. Can I contact my City Council representatives to express my opinion about a land use application?
19. What if I want to subdivide or adjust a lot line on my property.
20. I have an addressing question. Who should I call?