Cañon City’s water quality is monitored by licensed operators with the State of Colorado. Certified labs throughout the state are used for testing our water quality that must constantly comply with standards established by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the State of Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. Water samples are also taken routinely from where the water enters the distribution system and from sample points throughout the City to ensure that the water at your home meets or exceeds all National Primary Drinking Water Standards.
Some of the analytes tested include the following:
- Bacteriological (coliforms)
- Inorganics (regulated metals)
- Radiological Constituents
- Synthetic Organic Contaminants (herbicides and pesticides)
- Total Organic Carbon
- Total Trihalomethanes and Haloacetic Acids (byproducts of disinfection using chlorine)
- Volatile Organic Contaminants (industrial chemicals)
Annual Water Quality Reports
View the current and past water quality reports.
View Most Recent Water Quality Report (PDF) | View Past Water Quality Reports