Almost all Outside Signage and/or Outside Advertising, whether it’s new or replacement signage, requires an approved sign permit before it is installed. Permit applications are available at City Hall or you can download this sign packet (PDF) that provides an application (PDF), some quick facts, and the sign code: Chapter 17.07 of the Unified Development Code.

Licenses Needed

Contractors must have a current sign installation contractor’s license and a current sales tax license. For more information regarding the sign installation contractor’s license, contact the City’s Building Official at 719.276.5253, or visit the Building Department page on the City’s website. For more information on Sales & Use Tax Licenses, contact the City’s Sales/Use Tax Technician in the Finance Department at 719.276.5252, or visit the Sales/Use Tax page on the City’s website. 


Please call the City Planner for more information at 719-269-9011.